Time to act but how

In my 40 years on this planet, there have been many wars from Vietnam, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Iran-Iraq, Kuwait, Palestine, Ukraine, Iraq and others. Now Syria and ISIS.

Yesterday the UK govt. won the majority in the House of Commons to air bomb Syria. The US and allies have already started it.

I am not an expert but sometimes I do wonder where is common sense. How do the current world leaders miss learning from the previous mistakes? Where is engagement, intelligence?
One of the questions that always comes to my mind is who is funding ISIS, where are they getting their weapons from?
As a teenager who read a lot of fiction, mainly thrillers about the CIA, Interpol, M16 and other intelligence agencies, I begin to wonder if these agencies are fictional too!


Yesterday Mark Z announced he wanted to give away 99% of his wealth to make this world a better place for his daughter and this thought has haunted me since. What would I do to make this world a better place for my children? Most of us would do anything, the price is not too high. Yet, we leave the world more dangerous every day - from climate change to radicalization to tech-savy but dysfunctional families.


It is time to act, but how, where, when? Will my small acts within my circle of influence have an effect?