Amma, mother's love

I was reading the Sai Tapovanam today when one sentence caught my attention and stayed - Some people cannot understand the love of one mother, how can they understand the love of a thousand mothers? 

This sentence has been in my thoughts. And I kept wondering what it means - mother's love. I spoke with my mother and the conversation stayed with me. I realised a mother is the only person who asks the question - How are you, are you happy? Santoshama iru, Santhosham ka undu - this benediction comes from her heart, genuinely asking for our happiness and well being. Before she talks about herself, it is always about her children, are they ok, are they happy? Always the children first.

When we ask her, how are you - we do hear her problems, but somehow she brushes them away as insignificant and is all ears for our words and our well being. 

There is never  - you didn't do this for me, you behaved badly, you are this , that, you didn't buy this for me or that, you did'nt support me -- no judgements, just be Happy, that's all I want from you. Correction comes soft and sweet and I know I will do what is asked happily. 

I am happy I have so many mothers in my life, my biological mother and some very special people to whom my being and my being Happy matters more than my material successes. 

I know what it is to be loved so unconditionally, the pure emotion with no expectation what so ever. 

The love of a thousand mothers - that is a Guru or God - He or She who can pour life into you, hold you tight and tell you just just Happy. I accept you as you are, my child. I see Me in You. India - the land of this unconditional love.

Sairam