Why me ..why not me..

I have come to believe GRATITUDE makes a huge impact in one's attitude in life, to one's happiness and to the others around us.

Instead of wallowing in Why me when something unfair happens, why not me especially when God/Life has been kind enough to give me so so much - good family, education, decent lifestyle, good house and city to live in, food, clothes, places, books, friends, good air, quality life and health, so so so much. If I were to start making a list, it would run into millions of items for which I could be grateful.

I sometimes hear myself, my family members, friends complaining about the unfairness of life in general. I have been through this many times as well - a late marriage (and the inevitable condemnation and comments from family members about looks, skills etc when this happens), struggling to conceive, health issues, not being able to contribute where I want to, not valued enough(there will always be a few). 

Yet, when I choose to really see life through Gratitude, this changes every thing. Lucky I woke up this morning still alive and kicking to begin with. Lucky I have so many wonderful people in  my life who woke up too and the list goes on.

I believe somewhere contentment is the key to the gratitude that needs unlocking. This is not to say, I don't need to strive to get better or improve. But also realising I am already good enough as is now. Everything around me is, too.  

Gratitude makes one generous in many ways, adds a kindness and sweetness that would be otherwise missing, removes both I am not good enough and it's reverse- the I am better than you attitudes, leaving one open and accepting.

Where there is Gratitude, there can't be Grief. 

And reframing the Why me instead to -  the all the wonderful people, skills, experiences and things in my life - Why me, what did I do to deserve these, how did I get so lucky or how fortunate I am for all these and all those I would never ever trade for.