Self -Effort




In the final analysis, all that matters and will matter is what you did, did not do. I had this epiphany a few days ago that it is just ME at the end of it all. Bad relationships, good relationships, praise, criticism, what I wore, how I looked, how smart I was, my special skills, time takes away all these.

But what stands out are some of the startling clear moments, moments when I was there for someone, I spoke the right words, I did not get pulled into the drama or did something where I gave my 100 percent. I don't remember if people around me acknowledged my work or criticised it, the fact is it has made no difference what so ever in being a highlight of my life.

When I look back, it is these moments, pure and clear and complete. If I could sum up my life, it will be these beautiful moments! And this fills me up with meaning, purpose and an enthusiasm to make every day of my life as beautiful as I can.

Relationships/people do matter but only I can make my life a fulfilling one, no one else can do it for me!