Gibberish!

As I wrote the blog on AMMA(Mata Amrutananda Mayi), I kept thinking how the best hugs have come from the babies in the family.

It was August 1995. Appa and Amma went to Ayakudi to bring Vansathi Manni and my 2.5 month old niece Aparna to Trichur. Chitra, Dr.Mama, Krishanan Chitappa and I were in Trichur. I remember how we spent the whole night talking. I was so excited I could not sleep. And then I saw Aparna. It was love at first sight, my niece was a lovely bouncy baby with the best smile I knew. And I was smitten, totally smitten. She was so tender and so small, I would be scared to hold her. But in no time, I became an expert, I knew how to make her laugh loudly and she always hugged back so well.

Harini arrived in June 1996. I first saw Harini when she was 10 days old for her naming ceremony. And she was so sweet and small. And it was gain love at first sight.

Harith came in Aug 1996. He was born in Trichur and it was really exciting days. Amma’s 60th Birthday was celebrated in November 1996 and we all had a gala time with the three kids.
When Harini was abt 18 months old, she would say "Babbage" for cabbage and "JALKS Fruits" for Jackfruit. Also Banana and Doosara Banana. During Sekar’s wedding in June 1998, Aparna and Harini spent the whole time together and reading books! It was so amazing to see them so well behaved and in a grown up way!

Vidya arrived a couple of years later in Coimbatore and we visitied Manni and she asked me for a name and I said ’Vidya’. Vidya was born during Navarathri.

Anju and Sriram came a few years later. We saw Anju when she was 10 months old. Amma, Appa and I went to the station to meet Meena and Anju just jumped into Amma’s hands. She really adored Amma when she was a baby.

I saw Sriram when he was a 6 month old baby in New Jersey. He was a sweet adorable baby who did not know how to cry at all. He was so huggable.

Anju would say "Wachi Dichi" for Washington D.C. and "Thitha Athai" in a special way. I stayed the 2nd or 3rd floor of a hotel and Anju would come out of the lift and jump and say “Thitha Athai” and hug me and follow me around. She inevitably cried a lot when they left.

The best hugs have come from all these kids, warm and loving and they have made my life special indeed! They are as special as these girls and boys will be!