Gray Hair! Panic!

I was looking at the mirror the other day and suddenly I saw something that caused me to totally freeze over. Was I seeing right? Did I need a new eye test? No, it was there right in front of me - a long gray hair that wound it ways from the front left scalp. I am only 33 I heard myself say, am I becoming totally gray? All the shampoos I could hear Appa and Amma say.

I touched it tentatively and checked it. It was gray definitely. I held on to it and frantically tried searching the rest of my scalp. I twisted myself into some wierd Yogic positions to see round the back of my scalp, but really could not. And I was scared to as well.

I decided I would be less stressed (wish we had a stress switch which we could turn off and on), would have regular oil baths and eat greens. I would also get some Vitamin tablets. I would exercise regularly, sleep well and eat well. I would use only Thaali and Shikai from now on, for which I would definitely need to go to the Indian area or make a trip to India. I would also get some hair massages, mehendi wraps. That should take care of it.

Now that I had a plan of action, I felt better and I decided to leave things as they are and continue living. But my mind still hung on to the gray hair - a sort of love hate relationship.

After an hour I could no longer stand it and I was back at the mirror. In a moment of impulse, I decided to tug it free, uprooting it from the scalp. Wow that hurt. Yipee, I was free of the gray hair! That's when I had a sense of reverse deja vu, I had done this sometime back, I had done it last in Bangalore, only I had forgotten totally about it!

Relief hit me like a blast of cold air, especially because I need not stick to the life-changing resolutions!Pooh, that was close!